Saturday 12 November 2011

If you ever go to Uganda

Bring your NEW dollars, year 2000 or more, with no trace of anything, no scratch, specially, not folded on the middle because they tend to get a tiny cut that you won’t see but they will find, just bring them as taken out of the oven, or they will be as useful as the monopoly notes. If they are new, they are accepted in many places, specially at the National Parks, which are the most expensive places around here. With other currencies you’ll have to get change at the bank. I don’t know if they are so picky there, I’ll let you know if I try. I would say they didn’t look at them so much when I got the first Schillings at the airport…

(someone told me this is a general issue around Africa)

2 comments:

  1. Marta, don't know if you can get to this article, but it's about a taxi driver arrested in Uganda for using the president's campaign posters to build a pig sty. http://tinyurl.com/88dw35r
    Enjoying your posts. Rained overnight in San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not surprised at all after what I have heard around here... I am glad to know you passed by the blog!!

    ReplyDelete