Tuesday 1 November 2011

Now you see it, now you don’t see it

The course is over and we are finishing up packing and leaving everything ready for the KIU students to use it in their research projects. As Sadiq says, this is only the beginning. I really hope it is. This kids have a great potential apart from a lot of motivation and they deserve the opportunity to demonstrate what they are capable of.
After sleeping as much Sunday as I could, the week starts with the accumulated laundry, planning the visits of the next few weeks, switching my mind to trip to Africa mode. Before I leave the course completely behind – although I doubt I am going to be able to do so – I am leaving you here a few pictures of how it was and how it is now the stage where the play took place, knowing that everything will shortly find it’s more permanent location in the new research laboratory of the Western campus of KIU when the equipment that we brought joins the equipment for molecular biology that has already reached Monbasa. The beginning of a new era in this corner of the world…
IMG_0510         IMG_0511        
IMG_0509
       IMG_0545
Some students working on their lab classes or their mini-projects.
    IMG_0650
All the material waiting on a bench to get ready to leave. Most of all this is staying and will be the foundations of the new research lab.

No comments:

Post a Comment