Monday 24 October 2011

Inspired

I arrived last night from my weekend adventure. I’ll write about it soon, but something crossed my path and got my attention this morning. A good friend of mine sent the link to a blog post that put words to my thoughts. It’s one of those rare occasions in which I feel someone has been reading my mind; someone actually feels the way I do! I couldn’t let it go lost. No matter where I am or what I am doing, I am still a radical scholar.

Be that radical anyway. Be the scholar you think you should be, bringing your whole self to the table, finding your passion and making it your scholarship, and having a plan that will help you become a leader in your field.

Kate Clancy - The three things I learned at the Purdue Conference for Pre-Tenure Women: on being a radical scholar – Scientific American blog Context and Variation

I greatly recommend reading the whole post. Is not that long, and it’s as inspiring as a canoe trip on the waters of the lake Bunyonyi through sunset into dusk.

IMG_0610

1 comment:

  1. As always, looking forward to hearing about the adventures Marta, the Radical Scientist! You're an amazing example of bringing one's whole self to the job. Sending lots of love your way!

    ReplyDelete