Wednesday 1 February 2012

One, two, three

Three days ago I was trying to decide whether I should first visit the Sequoia NP or the Redwoods NP. I didn\\\\\\\'t know what to do and I remembered several friends had mentioned that they we going to Hawaii this Winter. out of curiosity, I checked the tickets...

Today I have boarded a Hawaiian Airlines flight to Honolulu. There I will meet a Ugandan-raft mate and with a bit of luck I will get more of an insider\\\\\\\'s look to the island than I would have thought.

While waiting to board (and it\\\\\\\'s been a long wait) I have been fighting more than playing with the iPad2. This thing is light and quite a fast web surfer, but it has it\\\\\\\'s flaws. I finally found the Spanish keyboard and, guess what: They forgot the accent! (and this people made 46.1 billion dollars profit last year?!). Typing is very easy but not being possible to tap inside a word to fix mistakes or change things (which, by the way, I can\\\\\\\'t find a reason why that is supposed to help writing) having the usual arrows to move around would come certainly handy. In summary, with the inexplicable language barrier, the shitty applications available for blog writing (windows live writer for iPad NOW!!!, please :) and the fact that eeeeeverything has to go through the cloud because it doesn\\\\\\\'t have a miserable USB port, right now it gets a poor D. I am sure it will improve, but it\\\\\\\'s going to have to work hard to make up for the money it cost.

Aloha!
o

No comments:

Post a Comment